GWO Slinger Signaller/Rigger Signal Person
The course provides information on the safe and correct use of lifting equipment and accessories and best practice to promote a safer environment for persons involved.Training consists of practical exercises based on actual scenarios and theoretical presentations.
Personnel wishing to be involved with the slinging of loads and signalling of cranes. It is also beneficial to management and other personnel with a responsibility for safe crane lifting operations, both offshore and onshore.
This course aims to provide persons involved with rigging & slinging with the necessary theoretical and practical knowledge of:
The participant will have the knowledge, skills and attitude to be able to:
1) Attaching and detaching the load to and from the crane lifting attachment
2) Initiating and directing the safe movement of the crane, including multiple slinger signallers during limited or blind lifts
3) Adhering to their role and responsibilities during the lift
4) Conducting visual pre and post-inspection on lifting accessories and load
5) Handling of lifting accessories
6) Ensuring safe lift-off and lay down of the load
7) Slinging/rigging various types of load, based on weight, a centre of gravity, shape and size
8) Carrying out generic routine lifts in accordance with the lift plan
9) Complying with instruction/procedures set up by the employer to manage lifting
10) Ensuring that equipment is properly used, maintained and defects reported
Training in accordance with this standard will enable delegates to support and care for themselves and others while working with slinger signalling in the wind industry by possessing the required knowledge and skills to conduct assigned tasks safely and efficiently.
If you have any questions or need more information please contact us: + 371 29140055, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Public TRansport STOP
Bus No 12: alight at “ Kooperatívs Ziedonis “ Public transport connections
Waze: https://waze.to/lr/hud15wn7gy - Open Waze map